Saturday, October 5, 2024

Wedding Card & Table Markers with Botanical Builder dies

Earlier this year, we were invited to a very special wedding which took place in Cabos San Lucas, Mexico. And I was honoured to make the table markers for the reception. I inquired about the wedding colors and used as close as I could to the colors in the wedding party (rose gold foil, calypso coral, mint macaron, garden green, petal pink and basic white). Originally I wanted to use the Paper Florist Dies for the flowers but they were rather large blossoms for the paper size. Instead I used a retired set called Botanical Builder Dies.  I started die cutting a bunch of flowers and leaves, and organized them like this using mini muffin tins:




And here is the final marker design: 





And here’s a slightly closer view of them: 


And so it made sense to make the wedding card in the same colors and flowers. Here is the easel card I made, opened: 

Closed, it looked like this (and oh my yes the rose gold foil reflects terribly in photos):






It was a lovely day, a beautiful ceremony and a fun reception! I don’t know if I’ll ever make it back to Cabo San Lucas again, but I have wonderful memories of that trip that will be with me forever.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poised Peony Birthday Card

Aren’t peonies perfect for June birthdays? I did create and give this card away in June…just am super late posting! LOL  The printed paper i...