Monday, May 23, 2022

Uniquely Artistic - Thank you Card in Bermuda and Heather

Hello there. Happy Monday! I’m sharing a card made with a new stamp set called Uniquely Artistic. First of all, I find a title like that a little intimidating as I’m crafty but don’t consider myself artistic. (Okay, I am nitpicking on the definition of a word…I will let that one go.) I’ve had this stamp set a few months and this is my first attempt at using it. And I don’t remember the last time I’ve used Bermuda Bay, although I love the color! I was trying to mimic the look and feel of a card I made ages ago that was teal and lavender with an old Stampin’UP! set called Petal Parade. I no longer have the card but I loved it and so, I’m sure the look isn’t anything like THAT card, but I’m using similar colors. So here are some photos:

 

 

The Basic White card base is the standard 8.5x5.5” scored at 4.25” to create a 4.25x5.5” card (A2 size). I added a mat layer of Bermuda Bay card stock measuring 4 x 5.25”.  The top Basic White layer is 3.75x5”.

 

It's stamped quite simply with the tall branch & leaf in Bermuda Bay along the left edge and again along the bottom. A single leaf it stamped in the corner. Then using a craft knife, I actually CUT a partial outline of a leaf here and there along the stem. The leaves I partially cut were curled by hand. Hope you can see it in the photo below:



On a scrap piece of paper, I stamped the main floral image in Highland Heather twice, and fussy cut them, staying close to the edge of the stamped design. Then I cut into the flower along the petal lines, but not all the way through so that it stayed in one piece. I rolled the edges of the petals in various directions to give the petals lots of dimension. I repeated this with the second flower and then I adhered them together slightly offset, and then onto the stamped piece. 


The “Thank you” sentiment comes from the Flowing Flowers stamp set and I finished the front of the card off with Pearl Basic Jewels.  Last but not least, I attached the top piece to the Bermuda Bay layer using dimensionals. I loved the resulting clean lines and look but thought it turned out quite elegant too. 

Here's the stamp set with my card design:



 

 

Hope you enjoyed this card design and that it inspires you to create. If interested, you can purchase supplies and tools to make this card from my Stampin’UP! shop at https://PaperFunTogether.stampinup.net 


Have a wonderful day!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birds Eye View Thank You Card

I borrowed a book, a physical book, and created this card as a thank you when returning it. It was a natural stamp set to use, given the dar...