Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Peony Birthday Card






I have several family and close friends with birthdays in June so I created this card in two colorways using the retired Peony Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) and Peony Dies. I remember when the die set first came out…I was afraid to buy it thinking they looked too complicated!! Nothing could be further from the truth! 

I grew up with gorgeous peonies in a rich wine/burgundy color growing in our backyard so I used Blackberry Bliss and Rich Razzleberry card stocks to recreate these blossoms. The card bases are Petal Pink and Balmy Blue. The Petal Pink card is a simple Z-Fold while the Balmy Blue card is a gatefold design where the focal is attached only to the left side of the card but both flaps open to reveal the personalized message inside. Sadly the DSP and the Peony Dies  have both retired but I’ll soon have some DIY kits available in my Etsy shop at: www.KikumiDesigns.etsy.com. Follow my shop on Etsy to get updates on new listings when it becomes available. Or better yet, contact me and ask when it’ll be available!


Have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Birds Eye View Thank You Card

I borrowed a book, a physical book, and created this card as a thank you when returning it. It was a natural stamp set to use, given the dar...