Thursday, August 25, 2022

Have a Peachy Day


Don’t the peaches on this card remind you of warm summer days? Maybe some peach cobbler baking in the oven though it’s so hot outside?? YUM!! (Ice cream too please!)




 

This is my favorite print from the You’re a Peach Designer Series Paper (DSP) pack. I added the scallop edge (from the Peony Dies set) then a bit of the striped DSP also from the You’re a Peach DSP pack. 

 

The sentiment is inked with craft white on Calypso Coral and is from the coordinating Sweet as a Peach set. The fun really begins inside and on the envelope though…





I inked the peach stamp using Pale Papaya. Then I added some dimension by using a sponge dauber and some Calypso Coral ink. I tapped the sponge dauber onto the ink pad lightly, then tapped the sponge dauber directly on my stamp, right on top of the Pale Papaya ink along one edge of the stamp. Then I stamped the image onto some Basic White. Wow, what fun! Then I repeated the steps and stamped the back of the envelope too. I perhaps could have used a darker color instead or in addition to Calypso Coral to get more depth and definition, but I was quite happy with the results. 


 

Hope you've enjoyed this post and that it inspires you to be creative! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jungle Pals standing fun fold birthday card

Salebration…it’s the two month promo period (Jan-Feb) when Stampin’UP! offers a special selection of free stamps, dies, dry embossing folder...