Thursday, August 25, 2022

Pick of the Crop June 2022 Paper Pumpkin Alternatives

 


Have you heard about the Paper Pumpkin monthly subscription kit from Stampin’UP!? It has all the supplies you need to create all the projects in the kit. Usually it has supplies to make 9 cards (but it changes up a little each month) and each month is a different theme. For example, September’s kit is usually about Halloween treat packages. And October and November are usually related to the Christmas holidays. Other than the theme, the exact contents of each kit are a surprise and there are so many ideas shared on the Internet for alternate designs to make with the kit’s contents. (Let me know if you are intrigued to learn more about it…)


I had a ton of fun with this particular kit from June 2022. The (farmers) market is always a fun place to go in the summer so when the theme of this kit was announced, I absolutely had to get it! 

I tend to NOT do the cards as designed in these kits and usually do alternative designs. So it takes me a while before I figure out what I want to do. It only took 2 months this time!



This first card I made (above) is a side step design based on Stampin’Up! demonstrator Vy Tran’s blog post (find it here: https://www.craftingdailydose.com/post/pick-of-the-crop). I added a basket of lavender on the front-most step on the side, more lavender on the second “step” and some grass behind the cart’s wheels. Oh and I cut the awning off and re-attached them using dimensionals so that the cart roof was raised slightly off from the card base. 




The second card (above) is a Z-Fold of a picnic blanket and all! Most of the parts of this card were included in the kit except for the wine bottle and wine glass, which came from my stash of stamps. When you open the card, you see the wine glass on the other side of the picnic blanket


The third card (above) was made from the kit pretty much as intended. 


The kit usually comes with extra die cuts - this time there was an extra market cart (among other extra die cuts). I used it on a background of a brick wall (using the Brick and Mortar 3D embossing folder).

And there were still more pieces leftover but ...I need to move on. I hope I pick it up again next spring when I eagerly await the summer farmers’ markets to start up again…

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed my creations from the June 2022 Paper Pumpkin kit & have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jungle Pals standing fun fold birthday card

Salebration…it’s the two month promo period (Jan-Feb) when Stampin’UP! offers a special selection of free stamps, dies, dry embossing folder...