Friday, June 23, 2023

Outdoor cards - Paper Pumpkin May 2023

 Stampin’UP! has a “surprise” kit that is on a monthly subscription which includes everything you need to create the monthly cards inside the box (except for an acrylic block which you get with your first month when you subscribe). You get a few hints, like knowing the basic colors and theme and whether it’s a card or a craft kit (most are card kits) and you can choose to skip a month any time, which I often do skip. But I wanted this month’s kit because of the outdoors-y theme.  

The basic kit, as designed is a beginner kit that isn’t overwhelming or too complicated. This month’s designs were simple but with beautiful scenery and so, the cards didn’t need much: just a greeting! Here are the cards from the kit as designed (meaning all the supplies needed were in the box): 


I often like to change up the design and since I love fun folds, I often use parts of the kit to create different cards by adding some of my own supplies. I used one of the card fronts to create the bridge card below:


I liked the way it turned out so much that I made another one with a different card front from the kit and used different stamps:



And here’s a top view that shows why the design is called a “bridge” card….the front panel acts like a bridge across the two folded edges:




I hadn’t made a bridge card in a long while but I think I’ll remember this design again in the future! Oh and yes, it fits in a standard A2 envelope! Let me know if you want the measurements to make this card yourself. Thanks for stopping by…have an awesome day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Jungle Pals standing fun fold birthday card

Salebration…it’s the two month promo period (Jan-Feb) when Stampin’UP! offers a special selection of free stamps, dies, dry embossing folder...