Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Layering Leaves Thank you card




I always take craft supplies with me when we travel as there’s always some down time in the evenings especially. These cards are ones that I made during one of our camping trips. I often overthink things and want to add another element but when I’m crafting away from home, my supplies are limited and I have to settle with what I brought with me. Still, I did like the way these cards turned out, though I wish I had packed my die cutting machine and an embossing folder! These cards use the Layering Leaves stamp set and coordinating Bough Punch. The stamp set has 4 different options for the leaves so I tried two of them. Here I stamped one design of leaves then watercolored it lightly to spread the ink color throughout the leaves. Then I stamped on a scrap piece of paper and punched the design out. The little pink berries or stems with little flowers have a coordinating stamp as well but I decided to just punch them out without further details. 





I stamped the same leaves on the background of the second card then I simply punched the leaf shape from a plain cardstock, adding once again the little spray of berries/flowers.




Not sure which I prefer…I rather like them both! Which is your choice?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Birds Eye View Thank You Card

I borrowed a book, a physical book, and created this card as a thank you when returning it. It was a natural stamp set to use, given the dar...