Saturday, October 14, 2023

Sakura (cherry blossom) treat holders

A dear friend gifted me with a stack of blank treat boxes a while back. They sat on my desk for a while…I wasn’t sure what I’d do with them. And then suddenly, I had an idea: decorate them with cherry blossoms! Here is what they ended up looking like:


I stacked them on little plastic trays so they’d stay neat for display as well as for transport! Twenty five in all! Here are the adorable packages that I was gifted:


And next is a photo of the punches that I used for each of the components:


Some of these punches are admittedly pretty old! On the left is the Strawberry Builder punch (I used the small flower). The middle punch is one that coordinates with the Sprinkles of Life stamp set from years back.  And on the right is the Small Bloom punch.

I played with the pieces to position them like so:



And then another flower blossom on top! 


And the “back” panel looked comparatively plain, so I stamped a cherry blossom from my stash of stamps:



Last but not least, I put a mini Boba Mochi package in each. What fun it was to create these treat holders! I donated them to the kids table at Obon…



No comments:

Post a Comment

Birds Eye View Thank You Card

I borrowed a book, a physical book, and created this card as a thank you when returning it. It was a natural stamp set to use, given the dar...