Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Cozy and Bright Holiday Card Kit Alternative

Trying to get myself in a little holiday mood, I bought a card kit called Cozy and Bright. It's an all-inclusive kit, meaning it includes all supplies to make the cards as designed: envelopes, card bases, die cuts, stickers, double sided dimensional foam stickers, glue dots, mini ink pad, clear photopolymer stamps, an acrylic block and a roll of twine. (I hope I didn't forget anything!) The kit makes 10 cards but like always, I made one per the included instructions, then created an alternate design.

Before I get into the details of my modifications, here's the card as designed in the kit:


The kit came with several options for the sentiment, and I chose this one given the potpourri elements in the card's die cuts.

Then I decided I really wanted to add the pine cones from last year's Christmas Season stamp and die set. I also wanted to downplay the orange slices a little. So I rotated the card base! Then I added a vellum die cut to add a layer without hiding too much and then a stamped white sentiment label on top using another sentiment from the same kit. The sentiment label was popped up with dimensionals. I added the two pine cones and last but not least, a few red rhinestones. 


The kit came with pre-printed envelopes (shown below) and I didn't want to waste them...so I added just a quarter of a "slice" of orange to the front as well as the inside of the card so that it would all still coordinate well. 


This kit is a great way to get a head start on your holiday cards! Also, this kit sold out last year so don't wait too long if you're interested in ordering it. I'm happy to assist...just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jungle Pals standing fun fold birthday card

Salebration…it’s the two month promo period (Jan-Feb) when Stampin’UP! offers a special selection of free stamps, dies, dry embossing folder...