Friday, March 29, 2024

Adorable Spring Baskets for Easter etc. Paper Pumpkin March 2024 Alternative



I always have a treat of some kind at each place setting when I teach a card class and I had been WAITING for spring to make these! I knew I wanted to fill them with a little filler grass on the bottom and add chocolate easter eggs! I used a 6x6” piece of Daffodil Delight card stock and I scored a “grid” using my paper trimmer by scoring at 2” and 4” then rotating the paper 90 degrees and repeating the scoring.  This created a “tic tac toe” design of score lines. Then I cut the top 2 and bottom 2 score lines from the edges to the middle and folded the cut edges over and glued them angled and overlapping partially to form a basket! The handle is a  8.5” x .5” strip of card stock. I then cut some of the checkered green and white,  and some checkered pink and white from the March 2024 Paper Pumpkin kit and adhered them to the sides that were folded over. These squares measure 1.75x 1.75”. I added 2-3 punched medium daisies as a focal to the basket…and how cute they turned out! Oh I also used a corner trimmer to round out the corners. Here’s  a close up:


I put a snack size package of gummies, Hershey chocolate eggs and a couple of kisses in each and set them at each seat! They were super cute and a ton of fun to make! I hope you try…if not for Easter, how about Mother’s Day…??

Thanks for stopping by…have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Birds Eye View Thank You Card

I borrowed a book, a physical book, and created this card as a thank you when returning it. It was a natural stamp set to use, given the dar...