Sunday, March 31, 2024

Zany Zoo/Zoo Crew Thank you to a knitter

There’s a super fun DSP (Designer Series Paper) paper pack called Zoo Crew which is part of the Zany Zoo Suite with stamps and corresponding dies.  Recently, I created a thank you card for a special knitter friend. The knitting llama was just perfect! I decided on a bridge card and here’s the final card:


If you’re not familiar with a “bridge” fun fold card, this is a top view of it, which makes the “bridge” and design of the card clearer: 


I used several products, retired and current for this card! First and foremost is the seated llama who is knitting. It’s from the Zoo Crew DSP pack and yes I had to fussy cut it out with my paper snips.  But it’s so worth the time and effort to fussy cut! 

The card base is Balmy Blue card stock 8 x 4.25” and I’ve used two patterns from the Bright and Beautiful DSP pack as the back ground of this card.  The “bridge” is made from one of the Nested Essential Dies and cut from Petal Pink cardstock. 



The sentiment is from the Flowering Flowers cling stamp set (stamped in Poppy Parade ink) and the heart is punched from the Bee Builder punch. 

The card needed something more for a  back drop behind the knitting llama so I used the window die from the Welcoming Window bundle and the tree/scenery from the Happy Home set from many years back! Here’s a close up of the window:


And a close up of how it looks with the window “behind” the llama:

And because there was no space to even sign this card on the front, I added a Basic White panel on the back side.

I had a ton of fun pulling in various sets that I have to make this card. I hope you enjoyed my run down of how it was made. The various items used to create this card (much older items excluded) are listed below. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!



Supplies & Tools used:

-Zoo Crew 12”x12” DSP #161304 

-Balmy Blue cardstock 8.5x11” #146982

-Petal Pink cardstock 8.5x11” #146985

-Nested Essential Dies #161597

-Poppy Parade Classic Stampin’ Pad

-Bright and Beautiful 6x6 DSP #161449

-Welcoming Window dies (retired)

-Flowing Flowers cling stamp set (retired)

--Happy Home cling stamp set (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birds Eye View Thank You Card

I borrowed a book, a physical book, and created this card as a thank you when returning it. It was a natural stamp set to use, given the dar...