Friday, May 10, 2024

Paper Pumpkin Alternates Memorable Meadow March 2024

I had a ton of fun playing with alternates with this month’s kit! I LOVED the daisy print and having the print on both the card front and back meant…cutting it into two and making double the number of cards! I decided to make these cards using the deckled circle dies:

The print was so pretty that I wanted to show it off and NOT cover it up. I loved picking a flower, die cutting it out and framing it with a slightly larger deckled circle in Fresh Freesia to highlight it:



Then I framed the entire print with a layer of Fresh Freesia. The sentiment is from the stamp set in the Paper Pumpkin kit and I tried stamping it with various ink colors and finally settled on heat embossing it in white:



Next, I decided to make some book binding cards and created these:



The following photo shows the card off better so that you can see why it’s called a book binding card design:




And I always embellish the inside of my cards with a stamped image or a scrap of DSP:




And another alternate design I created was a basic easel card and here’s the card closed:

And here’s the card open and propped up:


And a view of card from the side:


I loved this pairing of sentiments from the Lazy Days stamp set and thought it did justice to the beautiful daisies!

I also created a card using the gates from the New Horizon dies but need to take photos of them!

So I’ll end this here for now and hopefully will update it with additional alternates. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jungle Pals standing fun fold birthday card

Salebration…it’s the two month promo period (Jan-Feb) when Stampin’UP! offers a special selection of free stamps, dies, dry embossing folder...