Friday, June 28, 2024

Jungle Pals standing fun fold birthday card

Salebration…it’s the two month promo period (Jan-Feb) when Stampin’UP! offers a special selection of free stamps, dies, dry embossing folders, and printed paper packs free with purchase. And this year (2024), I picked the Jungle Pals stamp set and dies for two of my freebies. Here’s the card I CASED from my friend Laura Seki, with her permission. CASEing a card means to “copy and share everything” where you use what has been shared, and make a change that makes the card our own! 


I stamped the sloth from the stamp set and added a toucan to Laura’s design (also from the same stamp set). I used the corresponding dies to cut them out. Then I die cut the tree twice, adhering  the second die cut over the first but flipped (look at the branches for a clue!). I added some leaves and a panel as the background from the Daisy Designer Series Paper pack that looked lush and “tropical”. I wanted a custom greeting for a special 4 year old….so I printed this out using my computer and die cut it using the banner die from the Stylish Shapes die set (#159183).

The card design is a fun fold that includes a “pillar” (where the tree is adhered to) so the card actually stands upright. And the pillar folds up so that the card fits into a standard A2 envelope. (Sorry that I didn’t take a photo of it folded up!)


Here’s a close up of the sloth: 


And a closeup of the toucan. I also used dimensionals to pop the leaves up in front of it. 


On the back, I added another sloth and a vine: 



For this sloth, I stamped it on Crumb Cake cardstock before die cutting it. Hoping the special birthday boy liked his card! Would you if you were 4??

Thanks for stopping by…have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jungle Pals standing fun fold birthday card

Salebration…it’s the two month promo period (Jan-Feb) when Stampin’UP! offers a special selection of free stamps, dies, dry embossing folder...