Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Festive Trucking Along card

There's something appealing about a red pickup truck...maybe a little of the rural vibe, definitely classic! When I saw this adorable set, I knew I had to get it ASAP and based on the insider chatter at the time, I knew if I didn't get it then, it would sell out and I wouldn't be able to later. And I was right! Either the stamp set or the coordinating punch or both have been on and off availability since it released. Not all the stamps in the set are specifically for the holidays so it also applies afterwards, but since I was lucky enough to be able to order it and the holidays ARE coming up, here's the card I created with it:



Here's a close up of the stamp for the truck. It's actually multiple stamps: the outline of the truck, a solid stamp for the body, and a separate stamp for the wheels. And then of course I chose to add a pine tree in the back of the pickup:

For the background, I used the Whimsical Trees embossing folder, which retired last year. You could say that I'm not quite ready to let it go though as yet...I have other folders which are in the current catalog but thought the "trees" theme would go better with the tree in the bed of the pickup...(can you tell how I over think things? LOL).


If you're curious, the red and black plaid strip in the background is one of the designs in the Joy of Christmas DSP pack (item#161958) and the stitched circle is from the Stylish Shapes Dies (item #159183). The Trucking Along stamp set is #162299, the Trucking Along Builder Punch is #162305 and the bundle (which offers a 10% savings) is #162306. 

Thanks for stopping by...and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jungle Pals standing fun fold birthday card

Salebration…it’s the two month promo period (Jan-Feb) when Stampin’UP! offers a special selection of free stamps, dies, dry embossing folder...