Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Magical Meadow Birthday Circle Easel Card

There’s a *beautiful* Designer Series Paper pack called Winter Meadow with six different beautiful prints with soft watercolor foliage! There is a corresponding stamp and die set called Magical Meadow too. Don't laugh.....but I tried to resist buying it for the longest time! And then I caved in (of course) as Pinterest kept showing me all the gorgeous cards made with the paper pack alone, and even more designs with the corresponding stamp set. 

Most recently, Pinterest presented several renditions of easel cards using this set and the Deckled Circles dies. So I decided to make a special birthday card using it. 

For the card base, I laid the largest circle die that would fit in an A2 envelope (approximately 4") on a folded piece of Lost Lagoon but moved the die so that the top part of the circle on the fold would not get cut off but both pieces would remain attached by a half inch or so. I then folded just the top layer of the circle in half so that the bottom of the circle reached the top of the fold where the circles attached and then reversed the fold so that it would fold under instead of over. Then I opened the card again to lay flat.

Next I cut another circle of the same size also out of Lost Lagoon and glued it only to the lower half circle I had just folded on the card base. 

Then came the layers of Berry Burst then the DSP, in incrementally smaller sizes of the Deckled Circles.

The card front was stamped with "Winter Wishes", which is a sentiment in the corresponding stamp set. 

Inside, I used the sentiment from the "Friendly Hello" set and popped it up using foam dimensionals to be the "stopper" for the easel card. Here's the card opened like an easel:



I also made a second card at the same time, but sent it off without photographing the finished product. I stamped the greeting on a label and added it to the center of the card front, embellishing the front with some greenery cut from vellum so as to not block the pretty DSP print. 



Hoping you love this card as much as I do! I still have DSP left to make more...LOL

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Birds Eye View Thank You Card

I borrowed a book, a physical book, and created this card as a thank you when returning it. It was a natural stamp set to use, given the dar...