Thursday, November 30, 2023

Flowers For Every Season Poinsettia Overlay Panel card

This is an oldie I found in my stash, but I still love it and still use the same card sketch (layout). I've only ever seen it named once, as an Overlay Panel card. So here's the front of my Overlay Panel card:


It looks fancy but the card base is the usual 8.5 x 5.5" and scored at 4.25. Then the front of the card base is cut at 3.25" and the piece that is cut off is then rotated and adhered to the inside, as shown below:


Then I added embossed panels on the sides (totally optional), and some white panels as "mats" to the poinsettia DSP  panels and inside for writing a personal message. The DSP pieces measure 2 7/8x 2 7/8 and 5x.75" respectively.

The corresponding stamp set for this printed paper is called Four Season Floral and it has the exact poinsettia image from the paper as a clear stamp. So it was a natural to use it inside the card and again on the envelope.

Hope you liked my card and that it inspires you to create something too...whatever medium it may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jungle Pals standing fun fold birthday card

Salebration…it’s the two month promo period (Jan-Feb) when Stampin’UP! offers a special selection of free stamps, dies, dry embossing folder...